2009/9/30 James Wanga <jwa...@gmail.com>:

> The redirection flow works well on a desktop or a well implemented
> mobile platform. It sucks on a set top box or a mobile platform with a
> poor browser and an inability to relaunch the app.

Again, I'm going to assert that this is bunk -- The XBox (a set-top
box) connects to NetFlix using a flow exactly as described in OAuth
1.0a (though not using OAuth as the underlying crypto), and I've never
seen a single complaint. Search around. There aren't any. It works
brilliantly, and is *easier* than entering your password because you
don't even need to know your NetFlix account name (or which email
address you used to sign up) in order to make it work.

> Just because we as technical minds find it intuitive enough doesn't mean that
> my grandmother will.

No. What I'm saying is that technical minds *don't* find it intuitive,
because we notice the redirect. My grandmother doesn't notice the
redirect. She thinks it's totally natural. What she doesn't find
natural is yet another site asking for her password, because she's not
stupid, and she's heard of identity theft.

b.