Agreeing with Morten, it's difficult to have a OAuth provider library
be gapless because the storage problem.

HTTP_OAuth takes the approach of no data store interfaces and assumes
the developer will have other methods of looking up a consumer
application record in the DB, saving that record, saving a request
token, etc.

Here is what it looks like in the proposal:
http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-proposal-show.php?id=607

-jeff