On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 6:22 AM, Nat Sakimura <sakim...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dirk,
>
> In addition to Ben's questions, I have another. For X.509, you seem to
> be using DER. How do you express the entire certificate chain using
> DER?
> (With PEM, you can just concatenate ... )

Good question: strawman answer: Don't put cert chains into the server info
document. The verifier hopefully fetches the server info document over SSL,
and can verify all the cert chains it wants in the SSL layer. We simply need
a public key in the server info document. The option to include a
certificate is purely there in case it's easier for you to generate an X.509
cert than a Magic Key. For example, if you already have concatenated PEMs,
throw all but the first away, remove the newlines, prepend "X509." and you
have a valid representation of a public key, as far as JSON Tokens are
concerned.

What do you think?

Dirk.