and discovery does not belong into the core?

regards,
Torsten.

Am 02.08.2010 22:05, schrieb Eran Hammer-Lahav:
This doesn't belong in core. A registry is used to avoid name collisions, not
to provide an inventory.

Maybe  in discovery.

EHL

-----Original Message-----
From: oauth-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:oauth-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf
Of Torsten Lodderstedt
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 12:54 PM
To: OAuth WG (oauth@ietf.org)
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Extensibility: new endpoints

the existing authorization server endpoints (end-user authorization and
tokens endpoint) have a relatively clearly semantics and scope. Adding
distinct new functions to an authorization server will (in my opionion) require
the definition of new endpoints. For example, I'm working on an I-D for
token revocation. Such a function does not fit into the tokens endpoint since
it has become a "token issuance endpoint" rather than a general purpose
client2server endpoint.

I therefore would propose to include the option to define and register new
endpoints into the Extensibility section of the spec. This would also facilitate
the incorporation of additional endpoints (with well-defined names) into
OAuth discovery.

Any thoughts?

regards,
Torsten.