On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Torsten Lodderstedt
<tors...@lodderstedt.net> wrote:
> Do you see any need to restrict the power of this token or is it as powerful
> as the tokens obtained using the code? I'm asking because this token is sent
> out without authenticating the client whereas exchange of code to tokens can
> be authenticated. A malicious client app could initiate the hybrid
> authorization process in a browser (embedded or external), pretend to be a
> legitimate client and obtain the token from the redirect_uri after the
> redirect.

This is a good point, I think there are a set of people who won't
deploy the user-agent flow because it returns a token without seeing
the client secret.

They might choose to support the user-agent flow, but return less
privileged tokens.  I doubt we could standardize anything like that.