A good example is the discussion going on about the http-state working group.
The WG finished their work on cleaning the cookie specification. Some people
want to continue work on cookies v.next. It is far from clear if the same
working group will be re-chartered, or a new working group created, or none.

The problem with re-chartering is that it usually leads to weaker review of the
need to form a working group. The test should be whether the items you
mentioned would merit the creation of a working group if this one was closed. I
highly doubt it.

I want to see this working group reach its end when this charter is fulfilled.
At that point, a new working group can be requested to work on other items. The
new working group can continue using this list which I assume will remain open.

EHL