On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Barry Leiba <barryle...@computer.org> wrote:

> This document is intended to replace the SAML and Bearer Token
> documents, and those two will then be "profiles", defining specific
> assertion mechanisms.

Just a couple points of clarification

This doc is not related to the Bearer Token document
(draft-ietf-oauth-v2-bearer-04) - that is about access tokens and this
series of docs is about assertions for grants (and now client
authentication).

This doc doesn't replace anything so much as it pulls common elements
out of the SAML assertion (draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer) and JWT
assertion (draft-jones-oauth-jwt-bearer) documents.  Those docs (and
possibly others) then become profiles of this doc and get to reuse the
common pieces it provides.

This doc also reintroduces the abstract concept of client assertions
for client authentication using http parameters (client_assertion_type
and client_assertion).  Presumably the SAML and JWT assertion docs
will also be reworked to account for that.

>  We would like to have them submit the
> restructured doc as a working-group document before the 4 July
> deadline, so we'd like to get any objections to this approach heard by
> 3 July.

Barry, which docs to you need submitted by the 4th?  Just
draft-ietf-oauth-assertions?  Or draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer and
draft-jones-oauth-jwt-bearer as well?