On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM, <zhou.suj...@zte.com.cn> wrote:

> Hi, Prabath
>
>   My question is since client-id is public, then it is a waste to get it
> by granting an access-token.
>   And in step 2."Resource Owner grants access to a selected Client", RO
>  logins in to select clients to be delegated,
>  and RS redirects RO to AS to grant access token to client, to my
> understanding, in this process RO needs to authenticate to RS and then
> authenticate
> to AS, it is a bit complicated.

In fact I did not want to disturb normal OAuth flow.. BTW yes.. it adds
some overhead.. So - I would like to modify it - where the Resource Server
sends the resource_owner_initiated as the scope - and based on the scope AS
returns back client_id together with the access_token it self.

>   I wonder if the following two processes could satisfy your case:
>
> Process One:
> 1. Resource Owner registers to-be-delegated clients and corresponding RSs
> at AS, i.e., a long term delegation contract is stored at AS
>
> 2. When Resource Owner requests Client to access its resource at RS,
> Client is directed by RS to AS to obtain access-token
> 3. Client accesses the protected resource on behalf of the Resource Owner.
>
> Process Two:
> 1. RO registers to-be-delegated clients at RS, i.e., a long term
> delegation contract is stored at RS
> 2. When Resource Owner requests Client to access its resource at RS,
> Client is directed by RS to AS to obtain access-token,AS may request RO to
> authenticate and confirm the
> access-token request
> 3. Client accesses the protected resource on behalf of the Resource Owner.

There needs to be an step to facilitate client registration.

Thanks & regards,
-Prabath

http://blog.facilelogin.com
http://RampartFAQ.com