It's not that the people I have spoken to didn't like the idea of SD-JWT. It's
just on a different layer than JWPs, using a different approach, different
crypto, providing different features, and on a different timeline. There's no
compelling reason to have both in the same WG. There are nonetheless good
reasons to have SD-JWT. Having SD-JWT in OAuth WG is not an attempt to
"backdoor" anything in!

I also didn't say that we should adopt SD-JWT because it has been implemented.
You took my statement out of context. I wanted to underline that the spec is
practically feature-complete and can be implemented today, providing the
features promised. Meanwhile, JWP is not there yet.

But, SD-JWT is not in production yet. If the OAuth WG decides that substantial
changes are required, now is the best time for that.

Also, I wanted to highlight with my statement that SD-JWT is easy to implement
due to its simplicity.

-Daniel