De : OAuth <oauth-boun...@ietf.org> de la part de Warren Parad
<wparad=40rhosys...@dmarc.ietf.org>
Envoyé : vendredi, août 5, 2022 6:25 AM
À : Daniel Fett
Cc : oauth@ietf.org
Objet : Re: [OAUTH-WG] Call for adoption - SD-JWT

It's clear that good thought has been put into the core of it, more so than
other drafts submitted, but not yet feature complete.

For example there is no sense of how the private/public key exchange actually
happens. In holder binding scenario, it isn't detailed how to actually include
the public key in the sub_jwk claim, or what a "reference" to the public key
actually means. Is the server an AS as in OAuth?, or are we building on top of
another token creation standard? If it is OAuth, It isn't clear if we need a
new indicator in the token response that tells us that the salt container is
attached to the token and that it shouldn't blindly be passed along. It isn't
clear from this discussion if we need token revocation.

Assuming it is the OAuth token exchange that we are building on top of, there
are lots of open questions of interoperability. I.e. Does the digest go in the
access token? If it isn't OAuth, we don't have any guide on how to actually do
the token generation, how to verify the signature of the token with the digest,
and I'm sure there are more things.

We don't need to have both in the same WG, that wasn't my point, the point is
if there is a concrete reason that others aren't working on it, I wanted to
know why. There are JWPs, I don't know anything about them, but it doesn't
really matter if they have different approaches, different cryptos, etc...
Let's look at the features, that's at the core of what matters. So far the only
feature we've been able to nail down is offline claim transmission. Will JWPs
support offline claim transmission?

On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 11:55 AM Daniel Fett
<mail=40danielfett...@dmarc.ietf.org<mailto:40danielfett...@dmarc.ietf.org>>
wrote:
It's not that the people I have spoken to didn't like the idea of SD-JWT. It's
just on a different layer than JWPs, using a different approach, different
crypto, providing different features, and on a different timeline. There's no
compelling reason to have both in the same WG. There are nonetheless good
reasons to have SD-JWT. Having SD-JWT in OAuth WG is not an attempt to
"backdoor" anything in!

I also didn't say that we should adopt SD-JWT because it has been implemented.
You took my statement out of context. I wanted to underline that the spec is
practically feature-complete and can be implemented today, providing the
features promised. Meanwhile, JWP is not there yet.

But, SD-JWT is not in production yet. If the OAuth WG decides that substantial
changes are required, now is the best time for that.

Also, I wanted to highlight with my statement that SD-JWT is easy to implement
due to its simplicity.

-Daniel

Am 5. August 2022 11:28:49 MESZ schrieb Warren Parad