Sorry to chime in late here. I'm in favor of adopting this draft.  While I
realize that X.509 isn't for everyone, there is an established community of
users out there that overlaps with OAUTH users.  I think there are needs to
both separate the distribution of the keys from the establishment of trust
in those keys and in the auditability of the process of distribution.  I
think this draft establishes a deployable mechanism based on existing
technology.  X.509 is a good starting point and additional mechanisms can
be added as needed.

Cheers,

Joe