I strongly support this draft and would have immediate uses for PIKA
if standardized.

As someone who builds OIDC relying party software I am not worried
about the X.509 certificate requirement, nor do I consider dependence
on X.509s or the Web PKI to be an onerous requirement. I already have
to deal with parsing and creating X.509 certificates in my relying
party software.

Given that JWK Set URI's use the Web PKI to authenticate the JWKs they
serve via HTTPS, it only seems natural we would use that very same
system, the Web PKI, to authenticate JWKs directly.

Thanks,
Ethan