The car guards are back en masse.  I walked down past Station Road at about
5.30pm today, found 1 lurking at James Street, trying to park cars.  I
reported to Constable Mark Berry.  Then, on my way home now, the same
person I reported is still there.  His friend was just donning his bright
yellow bib as well as it was starting to get quite busy.  The friend asked
me if I could assist with a fine he received yesterday for R100 for
'righteous behaviour'.  I asked if he knew what it meant, but before he
could answer a squabble between the two of them broke out as they ran to a
car that was leaving.  The poor driver must have been a bit intimidated the
way they were pushing each other about and shouting.  I then glanced down
Gordon Road, and the regular car guard is still there in his vest.  On my
way down, I stopped at the Pepper Square car park and was told they were
trying to park cars in there last night.  OBSID removed them but they
returned.  What's next?

On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 10:48:07 AM UTC+2, Rose007 wrote:

> I notice we now have informal car guards again in Station Road.  It was
> such a pleasure when they were absent for a few years.

OPS [Obsid Public Safety] - 24/7 control room

TEL: 021-447-1066   or   072-063-1653

EMERGENCIES:  10111

---
Observatory Neighbourhood Watch" group.