Hello

> > BIP is on many operators' wish list of supported SAT features. Even it
> > is optional in 3GPP, some market areas will probably require BIP. I
> > don't have an example to give right now.
>
> I think the important phrase is "wish list". So far nobody could really
> showed me the exact use case for BIP. I am actually really interested in
> understanding what the operators wanna use it for. I prefer to have hard
> facts here and not just "wish list" and "probably". If this is not a
> requirement for certification and the operator is not actually using
> such a feature at all, then why bother. Feel free to convince me
> otherwise here.

Sorry, still quite anecdotal, but I heard about a case related to RFC
payment system, where operator wants to use BIP for loading payment
application into SIM (I guess SMS-PP-data-download was not good enough
for that). Also, at least some NFC plans use Smart Card Web Server
(SCWS), that needs at least part of BIP.

--Jukka