Hi Philippe,

> We have checked with Jeewaka what are the conditions related to the STK
> events 'User activity', 'idle screen available' and 'language selection'.
> It appears that whatever is the release, once the device is supporting a
> display and a keypad, those events are mandatory for GCF.

Yes indeed that is what the spec says, but pretty much all smart phone
platforms have ignored these and still managed to pass GCF.  I wonder
how they do that?

> The event "Browser termination" is also mandatory if the terminal
> supports class c.

Same with this one.  On a modern platform you use the browser all the
time for stuff unrelated to the SIM.  Do you really expect that someone
will modify Mozilla / WebKit / whatever to send these reports?

> So, it means that we need to monitor some user activity (e.g. a
> key-press, removal of key-lock) and detects when the terminal can
> display a text of normal priority (commonly when the homescreen is on
> foreground)

Think about this one in the context of Meego.  This information is
simply not available.  We're running on a linux desktop, nobody really
knows whether one application is hiding another one or whether the user
is generating events or not.

> For the language selection, we need to inform the UICC when the terminal
> changes the currently used language.
> Finally, for the "Browser termination", we need to inform when  the
> browser is terminated either by the user action or by an error.
>
> Basically, we could think that this monitoring could be handled by the
> STK agent. But in this case, we need to introduce a method in the STK
> dbus interface to broadcast/notify events to ofono. Also we need of
> course to support the Setup Event List proactive command.
>
> To start, I propose to introduce those events and the Setup Event List
> command in the TODO file.

Try coming up with these APIs first, if you find them turning into a
disaster area then it should give you a good indication of how likely
they are to be accepted.

Regards,
-Denis