--- "Steven \"Conan\" Trustrum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 09:10 AM 4/9/2004 -0700, Fred you wrote:
> >But isn't the very idea of a FEAT a mechanic that is derived from the SRD?
>
> If I make a feat using only rules not related to the SRD

That's what I mean.  How is it possible to make a feat using rules not related
to the SRD, when the very idea of what feats are is from the SRD?

> ...Because some companies have closed their feats, including
> non-SRD derived mechanics, and not been called on it by WotC,

Why would WotC call them on it?  They don't police the OGL.  They only get
involved when THEIR toes are stepped on.

> ... it would
> appear that the mere act of using the label of "feat" isn't enough to argue
> that it must necessarily be OGC.

I don't agree with that.  Nobody at WotC called Malhavoc on it when they PI'ed
the term "gold" as a weapon quality.

> ... and
> it could just be that they've been slipping under the radar and my
> interpretation is wrong.

I think that's more likely.

=====
"Let me be clear: Analysts differed on several important aspects of these
programs and those debates were spelled out in the [national intelligence]
estimate [of october 2002].  They never said there was an imminent threat. "
--  CIA director George Tenet, 2/5/2004, Georgetown University
""Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the
Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal
weapons ever devised. . . . The terrorists could fulfill their stated ambitions
and kill thousands or hundreds of thousands of innocent people in our country
or any other."
-- "President" George Bush, 3/17/2003, 48-hour warning to Saddam Hussein