Say a publisher creates a feat.

It has prerequisites that mention attribute scores.
It has game effects that mention OGL game mechanics.

They declare it to be closed content, by failing to declare it open content.

Is it, in fact, closed content?  It seems to me that it would be impossible to
justifiably declare a feat to be closed content.

=====
"Let me be clear: Analysts differed on several important aspects of these
programs and those debates were spelled out in the [national intelligence]
estimate [of october 2002].  They never said there was an imminent threat. "
--  CIA director George Tenet, 2/5/2004, Georgetown University
""Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the
Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal
weapons ever devised. . . . The terrorists could fulfill their stated ambitions
and kill thousands or hundreds of thousands of innocent people in our country
or any other."
-- "President" George Bush, 3/17/2003, 48-hour warning to Saddam Hussein