On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Ralph Versteegen <teeem...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> We should use SCons
>>
>> ---
>> James
>
> Scons has a lot of prestige, so I'm not surprised that it's the first
> suggestion, but there are other options: any other suggestions?
>
> Has anyone used Scons extensively who can confirm that it's a good idea?

I haven't used Scons *extensively* (I use it to build all the docs for
my various software.).
I know enough about it that I'd be willing and able to create an SCons
build for OHRRPGCE. I find it quite capable (and I'll say no more, in
order to not bias happenings)

I currently have most of an SConstruct file for OHRRPGCE made,
including an implementation of verprint that is readable :)
I'll post it later for perusal.

Re: seth's mail:
IMO, since scons is extensible, built-in FreeBasic support is not necessary.