From: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:old-chevy-tr...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nate
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2010 1:18 AM
To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Re: turn signal flasher

Mike ;

The current goes in one wire and out the other ~ the load of the lamps makes
the bimetallic strip inside it ,get hot & pop open like a circuit breaker .
as soon as it cools ,it clicks back into shape and the contact is made again
and the lamps light again .

This is why using the same typ of bulbs is so ipmortant ~ wrong bulbs or
poor grounds , rusty bulb sockets etc. , make it flash slower , faster or
not at all .

The three wire typ of flasher just separates the indicator lamp , you can
use either typ of flasher can .

-Nate