Bob wrote:

If the truck is to be a driver you may want to consider radial tires.  Bias
ply does look original and good but most people I’ve spoken to that have
switched to radials are very happy with the results due to the (sometimes
significant) improved ride quality.  It made a night and day difference on
my Model A; any negatives that I feel about the looks are gone as soon as I
hit the go pedal.

Thanks Bob
I will consider radials. They are wider than bias ply so, on this vehicle
anyway, I have to consider the fact that the tie rod ends come very close to
the tire, and may even contact them if too wide.
Tom