> > This was on ebay search, check out the q&a at the bottom, as this guy
> > blast him for not describing this car correctly. item # 180047114756

[And finally I have NO idea where that Original Grill came from???
I'm REALLY confused??]

I don't expect this reply to go over too well, but I have to say it. The first
thing that went through my head when I read the questions was "This guy is a
total @ss, what an idiot". I also think the seller answered rather respectfully
considering the "tone" in which the questions were written. The questioner
comes off to me as a loud mouthed know it all that buries himself the more he
spouts off.

If he's questioning the year of the car by what rear bumper is on it....well,
duh. Anyone into '70-'72 Cutlass'/442's know that the front and rear bumpers
can be interchanged...not correct, but functional. VIn tells you it's a '72
Supreme that had a 350 originally. Front grille...uh, it's a blacked out '72
Supreme grille...just like the '72 Hurst/Olds. Radio...obviously not there, so
don't expect it to come with the car.

If he wanted to come across as a sincere possible bidder with questions, he
should have asked for the casting numbers on the block and heads. Paint...you
can paint anything any color you want...it has no meaning in the grand scheme
of things.

Anyone looking at the auction can tell it's not a show car and not put back
together 100%. Missing a/c ductwork underdash, brake pedal pad, wrong color
radiator top plate (oops, that's just paint), missing wiring going to
wiper/washer motor, open breather grommets, ashtray door missing....how many
more things can you pick out?

It's not my car and I don't know the seller, but I think nit picking Ebay
auctions has gone overboard when you start picking apart average cars and
questioning the integrity of sellers (he is not a newbie and has 100% feedback)
that aren't trying to pass off a Cutlass as a real 442 or an obvious '70 as a
'69.

Doning my fire suit,
Randy