Hello
I looked into the E3s myself for the 58.
Some motors are long reach plugs some short reach.
I have heard of one fellow who actually makes by hand spacers so plugs will
fit other applications.
This making of spacers is hugely time consuming and the benefit maybe minimal
compared to effort and maybe only seen on a 1/4 mile time slip.
I have also heard of the mazda rotary plugs with same design.
My feeling for a street car would be to simply choose the correct heat range
and tuning.
I run reg. plugs with the lowest/Coolest heat range possible(with out fouling
in city traffic)for no predetonation at W.O.T.
http://www.dragstuff.com/techarticles/reading-spark-plugs.html
http://www.4secondsflat.com/Spark_plug_reading.html
Just my .02
Good luck..drive safe.