I?ve configure some filters in my email client to move some emails according to
the topic in OpenStack, but even this common practice everyone has their own
preference[1]

Victor Morales
irc : electrocucaracha

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-February/112923.html

On 4/20/17, 12:34 PM, "onap-discuss-bounces at lists.onap.org on behalf of
Andrew Grimberg" <onap-discuss-bounces at lists.onap.org on behalf of agrimberg
at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

    On 04/20/2017 09:46 AM, Ed Warnicke wrote:
    > Josef,
    >
    > I couldn't agree more.  Typically 'discuss' in most communities is for
    > 'cross project' discussion.  Project specific converstions tend to happen
on
    > ${project}-dev mailers (think dcae-dev, sdnc-dev, etc).   For this to
    > work, one needs projects.  Projects *need* their own space to hold
    > publicly visible conversations.
    >
    > I would strongly recommend *against* a single list in the long term.  It
    > becomes overwhelming, and it strongly discourages folks sending email
    > because the room is so big.

    Our largest communities have major cross-posting problems along with new
    people regularly informing us that they don't know where to send things
    because of having too many lists. As such, I can't express how strongly
    I recommend only breaking out a specific topic to a separate list _iff_
    it proves to cause too much traffic on the general list.

    As Aimee pointed out OpenStack, which is a community larger than our
    largest community, doesn't do what you're talking about. They use topics
    on their lists precisely to get around the mailing list explosion of a
    list per project that you're suggesting.

    -Andy-

    --
    Andrew J Grimberg
    Lead, IT Release Engineering