Hi Clayton,

I am separating into two sub-topics:

(1) IDL Generation.

Thanks for the link to what the Wiki uses to create a short hand for various
IDL links. This points out a very important topic that needs to be
co-ordinated. How do those the IDL Pages get generated. This needs to be
co-ordinated with the build.

Who knows about the "UNOIDL - that is, the Unified Network Object Interface
Description Language compiler, which produces the content of api.oo.o, and the
input files."?

(2) MediaWiki vs. Confluence vs. MoinMoin vs. Apache CMS

There are several issues.

(a) A MediaWiki at AOOo is the easiest solution for the project - short-term -
most of the work is export/import.

(b) A MediaWiki is not currently supported by Apache Infrastructure. MediaWiki
Infra would need to be built.

(c) There are a number of special extensions being used in MediaWIki with
developers here who can support it.

(d) For Confluence extensions / emulating the extensions that MW uses will be a
learning curve.

(e) Export requires co-operation with current OOo wiki admins. Confluence may
require more.

If a MediaWiki is what people want then we'll need to have several people who
will be dedicated to helping Infrastructure support it. Please join the
infrastructure-dev list and ask. Please share your contacts with the MediaWiki
admins here so that others who may want to explore the convertor can make
progress. If we have enough volunteers we can start on both and abandon one if
one becomes clearly better.

Regards,
Dave