On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:04 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi Clayton,
>
> I am separating into two sub-topics:
>
> (1) IDL Generation.
>
> Thanks for the link to what the Wiki uses to create a short hand for
> various IDL links. This points out a very important topic that needs to be
> co-ordinated. How do those the IDL Pages get generated. This needs to be
> co-ordinated with the build.

the IDL documentation is generated from the IDL sources during the normal
build process as part of the SDK build process. The generated docu is part
of the SDK and i have updated the online version with every new release. The
cross references from the wiki into the generated IDL reference and vice
versa are a very useful and effective way to find the matching
documentation.

The IDL tags in the wiki (Developers Guide section) should be collected from
time to time (with a wiki bot, process is not really finished yet when i
remember it) and a generated list with tags referenced on wiki pages is used
as source for the IDL reference generation during the build. This way we can
guarantee a working links. The IDL tags are explained on the page that
Clayton have already referenced.

> Who knows about the "UNOIDL - that is, the Unified Network Object Interface
> Description Language compiler, which produces the content of api.oo.o, and
> the input files."?

it's me ;-) and i think i have explained it above

Juergen