On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 4:03 AM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Am 08/02/2011 03:00 AM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

>>> Good idea. Will do so.
>>
>> I have a script for downloading the download web source from the kenai
>> svn.
>>
>> If I download the complete AOOo svn tree particularly
>> ooo/trunk/tools/dev/fetch-all-web.sh
>>
>> You can run that script like so:
>>
>> $ ../trunk/tools/dev/fetch-all-web.sh ../trunk/tools/dev/web-list.txt .
>>
>> You then get this (along with all the sub-projects in the web-list.txt)
>>
>> download dave$ ls -1
>> 2.4.3
>> all_beta.html
>> all_rc.html
>> cachedimages
>> common
>> contribute.html
>> download.js
>> download2.js
>> download_bouncer.js
>> download_mirrorbrain.js
>> exceptions.css
>> globalvars.js
>> index.html
>> languages.js
>> md5sums
>> next
>> notes.html
>> other.html
>> print_tables.js
>> robots.txt
>> sdk
>> sdk.html
>> source
>> stable.html
>> test
>>
>> So it's there and it is a matter of wrapping it properly.
>
> I don't know what you mean with "wrapping". It's working and with adjustment
> of CSS (header, footer, graphics, etc.) and underlaying mirror structure it
> should run also for Apache.
>>
>> Should we start by committing the download site as a subsite of our
>> incubator project?
>
> The websites inside the incubator project should be developer-oriented. But
> the download is nearly 100% user-related, so I would like to see this
> content to be continued on "www.openoffice.org" and not directly in a Apache
> domain.

I think the point is this:  Even as we preserve the content of the
OpenOffice.org website, we're not going to be re-hosting the Mercurial
repositories on OO.o.  Everything that was formerly in Mercurial will
need to migrate somewhere else, either SVN at Apache or to Hg at
Apache-Extras.   The future OO.o website, hosted by Apache will have
its source files checked into SVN at Apache.  We'd have a mechanism to
publish these files, on modification, to the right directory for the
web server.

We'll need a directory structure in SVN that reflects the fact that
we'll be storing source files for two websites there.  This is not
hard.