On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org> wrote:

> --- On Fri, 10/14/11, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I want to make sure we're not duplicating effort here.
>> I've been working with Pedro to take the legacy OOo SVN
>> repository (pre Hg) and get it onto Apache-Extras.
>> I'm doing this via svnsync, a slow
>> process, but it will preserve the revision history.
>>

> All the credit here is Rob's: getting a dump and
> uploading didn't seem to be much fun with my current
> ISP.
>
>> It should be done in a few more days.
>>

> In more than week, at the current rate, but still it's
> worth it. I am not sure if support for MySpell and
> Xalan is still buried there somewhere but in theory
> there is some stuff there that may have been otherwise
> lost during the Hg migration.
>
>> I'm told that before SVN the project used CVS.  Is it
>> worth backing that up as well?
>>

> I have no idea where the CVS stuff may be available but
> apache-extras doesn't support CVS and it's probably not
> worth the try anyways.

It is probably not useful for the project, at least directly.  But I
was contacted by someone off list who said it might be good to have a
back up as a reference, for IP reasons.  This kind of make sense.  It
shows the provenance of the code, and it also establish an earlier
data (back to 2000, right?) for publication of the code.  This is
useful as prior art.

What are our options if we wanted to back up the CVS, and preserve the
revision history?   Apache-Extras doesn't do CVS.

-Rob