On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 9:06 PM, NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 10/20/2011 11:28 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Wolf Halton <wolf.hal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Do any of these lists have publicly accessible archives?  It would be a
>>> shame to lose those, when the lists shut down.  I suspect messages about OOo
>>> 1.x are pretty much dead, or at least the software is pretty much
>>> obsoleted.  Those archives might be less useful.
>>>

>> Yes, there is a MarkMail archive of 333 OOo mailing lists, 1.6 million
>> messages, going back to the project's start in 2000.
>>
>> See:  http://openoffice.markmail.org/
>
> I fail to understand why you continue to fall back on MarkMail for
> archives rather than simply pulling the archives over to an Apache
> server. MarkMail is a third party service that can terminate it's
> services at any time & have their own ToU. See:

 <snip>

I think the MarkMail archive is sufficient.  But if you or anyone else
wants to make another mailing list archive over here at Apache, then
you are welcome to do so.

But my personal interest is in creating a thriving community and an
excellent product here at Apache.  I have zero interest in maintaining
a "Museum of OpenOffice".  So preserving 11 years of mailing list
archives is  not high on my list of priorities.  My energy is
dedicated to other tasks.  But I have no objections if anyone else
wants to pursue this.

Regards,

Rob