Hi Jürgen;

--- On Thu, 11/10/11, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> my main concern here is why you haven't updated the tar
> file with a newer version and used the same mechanism
> as for all other 3rd party libs.

There has never been any tarball for this. Maybe we should
move it to a third party lib but I thought the idea was to
move those in instead.

> ok, drop counterproductive but i still don't understand why
> you have
> checked in it at all. The update if necessary could have
> been done at a
> later time as well.

Time is something relative.  I am very new to all this and
playing with this stuff that doesn't interfere with the
critical path served me to learn SVN and start understanding
the build system.
I've done other much simpler changes that are of huge
importance but this agg thing taught me a lot.

Doing it at a later time would certainly not be acceptable:
we don't want to move stuff like this the week before a
release!

> why not analyzing if possible to use it? As it is optional
> (default=disabled) anyway it would be much easier.

I could have it accept 2.5 but remember:
- This is not used by anything in the tree.
- We have the compatible version 2.4 already.

> > relatively easy.
> you can always ask if others can help. I can think also
> about much more interesting stuff but some things have
> to done at the moment ;-)

I will probably get to see what can be improved in the
configure script but for now let's just keep doing
what matters :-P.

Pedro.