On 2011-11-10 8:44 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Dave Fisher<dave2w...@comcast.net>  wrote:
...snip...
Warning - using the webgui the first time on ooo-site it is suggested that
you brew a cup of coffee and come back in 10 minutes.

well I didn't use this -- just svn and the publish.pl CLI, but still .. oh
my!

I'll freely admit I don't always understand how the webgui for the CMS is doing it's magic. But yes - depending on how you use it, the first time you edit a file using the webgui on a new source tree, it may need to complete a full checkout of that tree (on it's server), which might take a while before the build completes.

In most cases, after that, it uses the cached/previously checked out tree, so changes afterwards should be quick.

But this conversation does show a key "hidden" feature of the CMS: it makes site editing simple for everyone: both those who just want to tweak something while they're browsing a page, or for those who prefer the command line or are even just checking in interim files without looking to publish yet.

Thanks Joe!

- Shane