Hi Marcin,

Welcome to Apache OpenOffice(.org) (incubating)!

On Nov 10, 2011, at 12:39 AM, Marcin Miłkowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> W dniu 2011-11-10 05:37, Louis Suárez-Potts pisze:
>> Hi,

>> Yes, I know much about it. Its history is complicated and its
>> communities even more so. But its current lead (of PL group working on
>> OOo, if not entirely only on OOo itself) has simplified things.
>
> It is not a duplicate, but anyway, the point of localized pages is that they
> host content that is useful to users that do not speak English. If you think
> that the OOo site was useful, then you might consider that translating some
> parts of it might be somehow justified ;)
>
> Anyway, it mostly contains pointers to other places, and some news parts.
> There are lists of books and courses about OOo, and some installation
> instructions that were relevant when the Polish dictionary was not bundled
> with OOo.

I noticed the hyphenation dictionaries, bat files and exe files. Very
interesting.

I have noticed as each N-L project is ported that they are all unique. Each
community has made its own choices about what is in the "site".  At the ASF the
PPMC must be responsible for governing the project. We must find a way to be a
global community, yet we also need to follow a few rules.

Best Regards,
Dave