Am 11/14/2011 03:35 PM, schrieb Simon Phipps:

On 14 Nov 2011, at 06:33, Pedro Giffuni wrote:

Hi Andre;

--- On Mon, 11/14/11, Andre Fischer<a...@a-w-f.de>  wrote:

Hi,

In the process of removing the liberation fonts (they are
under GPL license, issue 118600) I stumbled upon some font
related questions. Maybe someone on this list can provide
answers.

1. The gentium basic fonts are under the SIL Open Font
License.  This looks OK to me but I am not a
lawyer.  Is this a category A, B or X license?

It is inspired on the GPL but it is conceived for fonts.
It think we could treat it as weak copyleft. I guess
we should ask legal but in any case it would be better
to just use the system fonts.

Having at least one common set of fonts across all platforms is an important
goal, if we can achieve it.

S.

+1

A great advantage of OOo is the common Look & Feel, not only between the OOo applications but also on all platforms. And a set of fonts (+ icons) has helped to build this advantage.

Marcus