Hi Pedro,

On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 06:32 -0800, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> > I'd prefer to see myself as part of the freedom loving,
>> non-corporate dominated group of hackers having fun.
>
> And that's fine because you are not me. I am real engineer
> (Mechanical) BTW ;).

        I find your jokes somewhat hard to parse; I wonder whether this quip,
juxtaposed with you as 'navy' and me as 'pirate' is intended to read as
a qualitative comparison of the relative depth of our experience,
professionalism, or product quality. I would build my defense of that,
not on my MEng (Cantab) but on my decade of mistakes in the world of
Free Software ;-) [ and still learning ].

> And you still have more to do: surprisingly AOO is at this time
> the only GPL-compatible OpenOffice codebase. (OK, I haven't
> looked if Neooffice removed the GPL-incompatible code but ...
> who cares about them).

        Looks like a nasty nucleus of potential FUD. If you are aware of some
licensing problem, please send a reasonably detailed notification to
some official contact point; i...@documentfoundation.org might be good
for that.

> > That in no sense means we will be 'based on Apache
> > OpenOffice Incubating' - we will not be.
>
> There is no way around that.

        So you appear to think :-) the work is not yet started; no doubt you'll
enjoy the result.

        All the best,

                Michael.

--