02/03/2012 23:41, sgrìobh Gavin McDonald:
See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/translate+pootle+service+auth+levels
for more info on the privileges applied.

You need not be logged in to submit translation suggestions.
Therefore, no need to be a committer to do so either.

HTH

Gav...
Gavin, the nature of the best is that for small languages, you usually have a team of one. If I add "Suggestions" then there is no-one who will accept them or, if I get the right priviledges, I have to accept them at a later point myself. Or indeed, if someone suggests a junk translation, then how will a committer who is unfamiliar with the language going to know?

I'd have to be at least a Project Admin level (looking at your table (by the way, should that be "higher perms" instead of "giving higger perms"?). Not because I want to commit but apart from the above reason, because I'm not doing anything unless I can make backups (sorry, but I *almost* got burnt very badly when OOO went down) and because I need to be able to overwrite some of the old stuff (I was in the middle of a major review of a lot of junk that ended up in the Gaelic translation).

If that's not an option, then I have to seriously think about participation in AOO.

Michael