On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Roberto Galoppini <rgalopp...@geek.net>
> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>>> Sure..   What do you want me to add to that post?  Are there some
>>> specific instructions?
>>>
>>> -Rob
>>

>> We might instruct users that to convert their accounts they just need
>> to enter their openoffice.org username and password and ask them to
>> read the messages shown. If they do not remember the password, the
>> link "Request new password" pages
>> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/user
>> http://templates.services.openoffice.org/user
>> allows them to receive a link to change e-mail address and password
>> (note that the two websites use different logins).
>>
>> Note that the "request new password" will work until the
>> @openoffice.org alias will be active.
>> Last but not least, the possibility to use the old password will work
>> until the Oracle authentication server is operational.
>>
>> VERY IMPORTANT: Consider that both kiling the alias forwarding and
>> shutting down the Oracle authentication server will prevent users to
>> login. I hope we can keep alive at least one of those services at
>> least until we'll get from Oracle all necessary information to migrate
>> users.
>>

> OK.  I updated the blog post here:
> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/retirement_of_openoffice_org_email
>
> But note that there is no guarantee that the announcement list reaches
> all of those people who have accounts on the extensions or templates
> website.
>
> Is there another list that can be used to contact them?  Or is it
> possible to extract the names of the extension/template owners from
> the DB and send them an administrative note about the migration?

Of course we can do that, but maybe the PPMC doesn't want to send out
a message to 40k persons while actually only a tiny fraction of them
are or have been active users of the Extensions or Templates website.
What do you think?

> Do you have any metrics on what % of accounts have converted?

Extensions: about 12k users, few hundreds have a published content, a
dozen or two have converted.
Templates: about 28k users, few hundreds have a published content, a
dozen or two have converted.

Roberto

> -Rob
>
>> Roberto

====
This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your
system. Thank you.