On 3/15/2012 15:10, Rob Weir wrote:
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Roberto Galoppini<rgalopp...@geek.net>  wrote:
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Rob Weir<robw...@apache.org>  wrote:
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Roberto Galoppini<rgalopp...@geek.net>  wrote:
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Rob Weir<robw...@apache.org>  wrote:

<snip>

Sure..   What do you want me to add to that post?  Are there some
specific instructions?

-Rob

We might instruct users that to convert their accounts they just need
to enter their openoffice.org username and password and ask them to
read the messages shown. If they do not remember the password, the
link "Request new password" pages
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/user
http://templates.services.openoffice.org/user
allows them to receive a link to change e-mail address and password
(note that the two websites use different logins).

Note that the "request new password" will work until the
@openoffice.org alias will be active.
Last but not least, the possibility to use the old password will work
until the Oracle authentication server is operational.

VERY IMPORTANT: Consider that both kiling the alias forwarding and
shutting down the Oracle authentication server will prevent users to
login. I hope we can keep alive at least one of those services at
least until we'll get from Oracle all necessary information to migrate
users.

OK.  I updated the blog post here:
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/retirement_of_openoffice_org_email

But note that there is no guarantee that the announcement list reaches
all of those people who have accounts on the extensions or templates
website.

Is there another list that can be used to contact them?  Or is it
possible to extract the names of the extension/template owners from
the DB and send them an administrative note about the migration?

Of course we can do that, but maybe the PPMC doesn't want to send out
a message to 40k persons while actually only a tiny fraction of them
are or have been active users of the Extensions or Templates website.
What do you think?

Right.  I was hoping there was a way to send an email to only those
users who have published an extension or template.

-Rob

Fortunately, the extension publishers usually have a website listing in their descriptions. If any of those have an oo.o address, we can deal with them slowly and individually.

/tj/

Do you have any metrics on what % of accounts have converted?

Extensions: about 12k users, few hundreds have a published content, a
dozen or two have converted.
Templates: about 28k users, few hundreds have a published content, a
dozen or two have converted.

Roberto

-Rob

Roberto