On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all--
>
> With Rob's request to add a page about the current NL mailing lists, I took
> a look at:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/native-lang/
>
> for additional information.  Of course, it's not up to date.

I love the opening line: "This document looks complicated but it is not"

> It would be REALLY great if someone could edit this page/area appropriately
> given OpenOffice's ASF context. Thanks.

The NLC was described as "composed of those projects working on all
aspects related to the localization and support of OpenOffice.org,
including localization, QA, support, documentation, and marketing"

>From what I understand, this was hierarchical/bureaucratic NLC, with
defined roles, levels, process, elected leaders,etc.  Do we want to
recreate some part of that formality at Apache?  It is not my personal
preference, but we did that with the community forum volunteers and no
one seems to have died.

In other words, do we need more formality on this than a list of NL
mailing lists and NL forums and NL websites, e.g., infrastructure?

-Rob