Hi *,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 04:45:54PM -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all--
> >
> > With Rob's request to add a page about the current NL mailing lists, I took
> > a look at:
> >
> > http://www.openoffice.org/native-lang/
> >
> > for additional information.  Of course, it's not up to date.
> >

> I love the opening line: "This document looks complicated but it is not"
>
> > It would be REALLY great if someone could edit this page/area appropriately
> > given OpenOffice's ASF context. Thanks.
> >

> The NLC was described as "composed of those projects working on all
> aspects related to the localization and support of OpenOffice.org,
> including localization, QA, support, documentation, and marketing"
>
> From what I understand, this was hierarchical/bureaucratic NLC, with
> defined roles, levels, process, elected leaders,etc.  Do we want to
> recreate some part of that formality at Apache?  It is not my personal
> preference, but we did that with the community forum volunteers and no
> one seems to have died.

IMO the Forum was a different case, it was already a working structure.
The NLC is in a rather different situation, most people listed in
http://www.openoffice.org/projects/native-lang.html is not working here,
the NLC as a structure can be considered dead, so it is a good chance to
start anew and not repeat old mistakes.

+ 1 to follow the Apache Way here
- 1 to bringing back the old hierarchical structure here at this new
  Apache home

Concerning that web page http://www.openoffice.org/native-lang/ is now
completely obsolete, it can be removed.

Regards