Hello Betsy,

2012/3/16 Jing Bai <jingbaibe...@gmail.com>

> Seems many people would agree that WIKI solution is a good one. Does anyone
> know where we can find the WIKI hardware and platform resources in our
> community? How could we setup one wiki platform for ourselves to host the
> help?

Concerning this question of documentation,  I totally subscribe with the
position of Jean Weber when she says :

[Citation] : I also think many of the volunteers who worked on user
guides for OOo -- if they choose to work on AOO docs -- prefer to work in
AOO itself and produce user guides that demonstrate (some of) what one
can do with the product as a publishing system. [End of citation]

Moreover, I think that the choice of the wiki or the DITA format would
introduce a technical barrier which would strongly reduce the number of
volunteers. Please, consider that such a group as the LO fr group, which
has began to translate the LO oooauthors docs, seems to have some
difficulties to reach the necessary team to do the job. For me, the number
of people involved does nos exceed 4 or 5. This can give you an idea of the
difficulty to create a documentation team of volunteers, even when working
with a well known method.

Of course, if the community choose another way, I will try to participate,
even if I never have worked with a wiki.

A+

--

gw