On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:
> Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>>
>> I am not sure what you mean by time is running out. Even if release
>> date approaches there is no deadline to talk strategy and a good tool
>> to manage more than publish.
>

> When OpenOffice 3.4 is released, it is very likely that the press releases
> will contain links to the "main" or "official" Apache OpenOffice channels;
> it wouldn't make sense to change them later and it is obvious that we can
> advertise only channels that are under control of several PPMC members.

But the official ones are already set up.  We've already had this
discussion.  The accounts are set up and they have already been shared
with the PPMC .  We already have several PPMC co-authors on them.
They are already linked to on the website.  Announcements have already
gone out to ooo-announce.  They are already in the AOO 3.4
announcement draft.  Content is going out on these channels, from the
PPMC, on a daily basis.  This is all already done, in preparation for
the AOO 3.4 launch.

This isn't about personal control.  This is about sharing.  Those who
hoard will be passed by and left behind.  Those who work through the
process and openly share and enable others with see their initiatives
succeed.  It is that simple.  You cannot control by withholding.

If you (or any other PPMC member) would like to be added as a
co-author to the Twitter or Google+ account, please let me know and I
will add you immediately.  If you want to be an author on the Facebook
group, talk to Raphael.