On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Alexandro Colorado <j...@oooes.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Please show me the thread where PPMC members asked to help for those
>>> accounts.
>>>

>> I'd recommend you read up on the thread "AOOo, social networking
>> sites, cyber-squatting, etc." from last October.  You've had 6 months
>> to share these accounts with the PPMC.  You've had 6 months to
>> "investigate" how to share these accounts with the PPMC.  It took me
>> less than 24 hours to figure it out for the new accounts.   Again,
>> those who share openly will see their ventures succeed.  Those who
>> hoard will not.
>

> There has been lots of content being provided on the twitter account,
> and 6 months ago there was a group service for multiples to manage the
> account. G+ didnt provide such functionality when it came out. So
> there was no mechanism to add new managers. Again, if you knew there
> was a problem, you could easily fix it by sending a notification to
> the account or propose a third party service that solves the issue.
> Clonning the account doesn't really makes a solution.

Since that time, how many AOO project blog posts have you promoted on
the Google+ page?  How many times have you mentioned progress in the
AOO 3.4 release?  How many times did you mention that the RC was ready
for testing?  Where did you mention that the support forums were now
hosted by Apache?  Where did you do anything?

These things should not require that I "send a notification" to you.
This is brain-dead obvious.  A social networking site for the project
should be talking about the progress of the project.  This should not
require prodding from the PPMC for it to happen.  It should just
happen naturally by anyone who is acting in the best interests of the
PPMC.  Of course, if you are just hoarding then you will snap up these
accounts and sit on them with zero activity in 6 months.

In any case, the past is past.  I don't care what you've done before.
It is clear that you've done nothing in 6 months with that account,
whereas I've integrated the new account into the project, and I've
done this in a transparent, inclusive manner.   I'll assume that this
is not just a control issue for you and that you'll be happy to post a
message in your unused and untouched Google+ page and direct those
followers over to the new one.

In return, and to demonstrate that this is not about control on my
part,  I'm happy to listen to any proposal you might have regarding
open PPMC access to the Twitter account.  And if you make your Twitter
account just as openly available to PPMC members as I've done with the
new one, then I'll be happy to notify followers of the new Twitter
account that they should follow the one that you turn over to PPMC
control.  Fair enough?  This is not about personal control. It is
about putting social networking accounts that use ASF trademarks under
ASF custody.

-Rob