On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 6:34 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamil...@acm.org
> wrote:

> I believe the correct baseline is neither LO nor Microsoft Office, but
> OpenOffice.org 3.3.0.  And then successive versions of AOO starting with
> 3.4.  It is the performance that this project has some responsibility for.
>  LO and MSO performance are someone else's business.

+1

I totally buy your line of thought. Think we should learn from Gillette,
and its 'positive cannibalization', i.e. focusing its marketing resources
on switching its own customers from N-1 to N release. Why that? Because
openofffice _is_ the open source market leader, and the number of actual
users is big enough to play à la Gillette. Anything else is just boring.

My two cents,

Roberto

--
====