From: Paulo de Souza Lima [mailto:paulo.s.l...@varekai.org]
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 15:01
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; dennis.hamil...@acm.org
Subject: Re: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and
project teams

2012/5/20 Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>

        Please Paolo,

        What does this refer to:

          "Do you need to fill a form when you decide to help a friend
           or someone unknown? Most of people don't think they need.
           So, some of us will submit their requests for contributors.
           Some will not."

        I have no idea how this relates to the Apache OpenOffice project and
those communities that adopt, share and advocate use of the software.

Ok. Let me try to explain again. Maybe the language barrier could be making me
diffiicult to do that.

1- When OpenOffice.org were living, we had a great and promising community in
Brazil.
2 - In that time, we had not to fill any kind of form to contribute and to be
accepted as a contributor. Everyone was watching what we were doing and that
was enough.
3 - I don't know if you are aware about what has happened to brOffice.org NGO.
[ ... ]
7 - Some of us are not intending to fill a form in order to became a
"contributor". They don't think it's necessary, and I don't think either.
despite of that they continue to do a great job marketing AOO, without your
knowledge. You don't know them, but we, brazilians, certainly do.
[ ... ]

And Rob... There's no "abstract vollunteers" up here. There are vollunteers you
don't know and who are doing a great job, despite the fact you don't know them.

         - Dennis

Regards.

--

Paulo de Souza Lima