Hi,

On 22.05.2012 14:47, Paulo de Souza Lima wrote:
2012/5/22 Oliver-Rainer Wittmann<orwittm...@googlemail.com>

wrote:

  Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:

Thus, you got an error in the AOO 3.4 update functionality, because you
have an own redirect from openoffice.org to another host. Right? Does
the
update functionality works, if you do not have your own redirect? I am
asking in order to be sure that I got the right message.

It worked correctly. I had setup that redirect on my machine just to
moderate lists on the legacy infrastructure after the DNS change (Oracle
Apache) had been completed; it is now useless of course. When I removed
my
redirect, everything worked as expected and I received a message saying
that no updates were available.

Worked very nicely for me using AOO 3.4.  Will try later with an OOo 3.3
machine when it is awake.  Congratulations!

Thanks for the test.

The update service for installed OOo 3.3 instance has not be established,
yet.

Best regards, Oliver.

Hi. I tried here in my office, through an authenticated proxy. It works,
but it asks for the proxy user and password many times, even if I check the
"Enable password" option.

Hm..
As far as I know only one HTTP GET request is performed internally by AOO 3.4. May be due to the redirects more requests are made - I'll have to check it. I think the "Remember password" option is part of your proxy software. Thus, I do not think that its functionality is related to AOO 3.4.

Best regards, Oliver.