On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 12:43 PM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
<orwittm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

>> [snip]
>>

>> It looks like we can go with the "static" solution as a short-term
>> solution.
>>
>> Thus, I will do the following:
>> - Creation of a complete XML document
>> - Include entries for at least one languages for which we have currently
>> no AOO
>> 3.4 installation package.
>> - Providing the XML document and possible variants on [3] for testing and
>> verification.
>> - Call for volunteers to test the XML document at [3].
>> - Integrate feedback, if we want to have direct download links or links to
>> certain existing web page for manual download.
>> - Activate the update service
>> -- move the final XML document to [4].
>> -- ask ASF infrastructure team to redirect OOo 3.3 Update URL [5] to [4].
>>
>> My goal is to have the update service for OOo 3.3 running at the end of
>> next week.
>>
>> Any objections?
>>
>> Any volunteers in advance which want to test?
>> If yes, please provide information about your OOo 3.3 installation
>> (operating
>> system and language) and the test cases (direct download link, link to
>> download
>> page, ...) you want to test.
>>
>> [3] http://people.apache.org/~orw/testupdateservice/
>> [4]
>> http://www.openoffice.org/projects/update36/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
>> [5]
>> http://update36.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
>>

> I have finished the creation of an XML document. It contains a feed with
> entries for all platform and language combinations for which we have an AOO
> 3.4 installation package.
> Each entry provides a link to web page [6]. This web page is a currently
> empty landing page for our OOo 3.3 users. On this page we can provide
> information about our new home at the Apache Software Foundation and our AOO
> 3.4 release. From here we can direct our OOo 3.3 to our download page [7].

Hi Oliver,

 could we eventually jointly work on a test phase for a fraction of
the user base? Maybe we could enable the auto-updates for a given
language, or so. Actually this could help us to make some realistic
assumptions on the total load, and if needed the necessary adjustments
to ensure the optimal performance.

 Ideally we'd like to start the test phase as soon as possible.

Roberto

--
====