> > Hi.
> >
> > Questions relating to research!

[....]

> Perhaps the first survey we should conduct is a survey about what sort of
> surveys our users would respond to.
>
> Cheers
> GL
>
> PS I have made a few comments on the wiki page with regard to the questions
> there.

Discussion on Delivery Methodologies

Unfortunately probably our best way of reaching OOo users, the OOo mail
redirect, has been taken away (Although the value of that list could be
debatable) so we have to come up with different methods. We have basically two
demographics that we have simple access to: New Users and Experienced Users.

New User contact:
At Download, from a redirect from the download site
At install: a link to a survey to do while AOO is installing
Immediately Post install

Experienced user contact:
As for the New User
Via the announce list
from the Home Page (Add in another link "I am willing to help with AOO User
Research")
At upgrade as part of the process

This in addition to posting on all lists obviously

It should go without saying that the user should be able to opt-out at any
point

Discuss either here or on the wiki

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Talk:AOO_UX_Research_Surveys

Cheers