Hi Ariel;

--- Ven 8/6/12, Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> You are missing the context:
>
> - the Internship was
>   http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Internship
> - it was payed by Team OpenOffice.org on behalf of the
> Community Council
>   with community resources
> - the contributor signed the SCA
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Internship#Terms_.26_Conditions
>
> This means the Intern owns the copyright on the code she/he
> wrote. The issue in this case is that Daniel and Eike both
> contributed code being Oracle employees.

Ah, OK ...

I think the owner was the organization that paid, but one
of the conditions for the internship was clearly to sign
the JCA so only Oracle has control of the copyright
without any reasonable doubt.

Just for reference.. I once needed a header from a GSoC
project that was written for Haiku (under MIT license).
I needed that header under BSD 2 Clause license so I
contacted the author. The author was paid by Google
to do the project so instead of relicensing directly
he had me contact the Haiku guys to get the header
relicensed.

After a long delay to get any answer, finally Haiku
said it was OK to relicense the header under a BSD
license but it took so long that I didn't really
use the header at all. Hopefully we will get to
use it for another GSoC this year :-P.

Pedro.