Hi Ariel,

Andrew on Cc.

On Friday, 2012-06-08 08:44:51 -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

> If Marina was in the internship program, then she was not an Oracle
> employee, and the joint copyright assignment she signed does not take
> her rights over the code. AINAL, but I guess the situation is different
> with code written by former Oracle employees working for OOo.

Of course she has rights over her code, but she also contributed the
code under the SCA/OCA to OOo, so Oracle has the same rights on the code
as on every other code of every contributor to the project.

> > It would be unnecessary to redo all the work, which
> > is quite some amount, if we could get the changes of this CWS under ALv2
> > soon.
> >
> > So how to proceed?
>
> If my interpretation is right, Marina can take all the code she wrote in
> this CWS and commit it in LO and/or AOO without asking Oracle's
> permission.

Yes she could, but the complete work is done by three persons, all under
the copyright of Oracle. IMHO the changes of these CWSs were intended to
be covered by the source code grant to Apache.

Andrew, could you provide insights on this?

Thanks
  Eike