On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 1:56 AM, Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Collectively, our social assets present a huge opportunity to engage the
> AOO user community, capture insight, feedback and thoughts on the current
> health of our products, and our future product direction.
>
> Harvesting data from our social media assets, forums and mailing lists is
> an extremely challenging task. With soooooooo much content in disparate
> sources, it is likely that many threads will fade into the archives.
> However, we can attempt to harvest any insight that is considered relevant
> and actionable - so that the valueable data is not lost.
>
> To be clear, I understand that such effort is not going to capture
> everything, nor is it ever complete. Rather, this is a chance to capture
> any notable insight that could help drive informed design and development
> decisions in the future. Some data is better than none.
>
> All are encouraged to capture and post data in the AOO UX wiki [1]. See the
> Google+ Data wiki page [2] for an example of how we might capture social
> data.
>
> [1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_Social_Data
> [2] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_Social_Data_-_Google%2B
>
> Such raw data can help feed the development of informed UX work products
> moving forward. For example, such data can help us define our user roles,
> validate key usage scenarios and capture actionable product
> recommendations.
>
> Also, some AOO contributors cannot access some social media sites.
> Capturing social data in the AOO UX wiki also ensures the relevant and
> actionable social data is open, accessible and visible to all.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Regards,
> Kevin

Ha! Yes, as I  was just thinking about this yesterday as well after I
looked at the Google+ posts, it would certainly be great to come up with
standard process to collecting/capturing this kind of information. So
thanks for this post.

It would be optimal if there were some scripted way of collecting this
information and posting it somewhere.

MzK

"Known commonly as the jackass, this long-eared little creature
is respected throughout the southwest—roundly cursed
yet respected—and here he is usually referred to by his
Spanish name, burro. Because of his extraordinary bray,
he is sometimes ironically called the "Arizona Nightingale."

                     -- "Arizona, the Grand Canyon State: A State Guide",
                              By Federal Writers' Project