On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You don't have to use Google Translate for the entire site into a
> given language.  Better than no page at all in a given language is a

True.   To enable this integration requires adding markup to two
places in the HTML file:

1) Load some script in the <head> section

2) Add a Google-provided <div> to wherever in the page we want the
language selector drop down to be.

It would be really easy to add this to a small number of selected pages.

It would also be easy to add to all pages via the CMS template.

What would be hard is managing this for a large number of pages, but
not all pages.

> page in a given language that says, "Hi there!  This is the site for
> Apache OpenOffice.  We welcome translations of our site into your
> language, and invite you to volunteer at the following email address:
> <blah> Or you can submit a translation through Google Translate, which
> was used to produce this page."
>
> Something as short as that is less likely to be garbled in
> auto-translation than something technical, and it tells potential
> contributors what to do to help out.

The trick would be to get people to visit that page.  Unless it was on
the home page.

-Rob